Friday 15 December 2006

Nadine

The thing you have to understand about me and Nadine is: it's an open relationship.

That doesn't mean do what the hell you like, shag who you want and sod the consequences. It means hard work and lots of it. Sexual freedom comes at a price and I like to think I'm a decent enough person to accept the rightness of that. The price, folks, is honesty. Remember honesty? It's that simple but paradoxically complicated concept that scares so many "normal" couples into moral paralysis. "Normal" couples who like to think that they have the moral high-ground just because they're tediously monogamous and keep their sexual bits and pieces to themselves and each other. Yeah like morality is confined to the genitalia of the middle classes!

If Nadine is off on the pull she tells me and likewise if I'm out cruising for a bit of excitement and diversion I tell her. Sometimes, of course, the way life and opportunity are, the honesty has to come afterwards. But the point is it's there. And yes sometimes it's awkward and it's difficult but the freedom to do "whatever comes naturally" is worth it. We're both adults, we're both sexual animals and we both want to enjoy our lives to the full. I believe that's a God given right.

Hey I don't mean to be so defensive but as I'm about to embark on a (hopefully) totally honest blog I want to head off some of the more boring and predictable comments from potential readers before they even flick their fingernails over their greasy keyboards...

It's my life. You don't have to read it.

No comments: